You think of Paris. You think of one team, right? You think of Paris Saint Germain. The most insufferable wonderkid-poaching team on the whole of Football Manager 20.
How many of you thought of Paris’s other team, Paris FC? Probably none of you.
The smaller of the Parisian clubs, Paris FC, was founded in 1969 and merged with Stade Saint-Germain to form the club we now know as Paris Saint-Germain in 1970. In 1973, Paris FC split from Paris Saint-Germain, and who can blame them? But while one club went on to dominate french football, the other struggled and now languishes in the second division.
That’s where you come in.
Displace PSG by winning Ligue 1 with Paris FC within five years of taking over the club.
- As per the model of many french clubs, you must accept any bid for your players that’s over the player’s valuation. So if PSG bid £13.1m for your £13m valued wonderkid, you have to accept.
- France also has strict financial rules, so for the duration of the save you have to stay completely within your wage and transfer budgets.
- You CANNOT use the editor to make it easier.
- Bonus points if you can also win the Champions League within 10 years of taking over.
- Bonus points for any domestic competition.
- Bonus points for stealing a wonderkid from PSG.
It’s a tough one, but let us know how you get on.